Help with the Fundraiser
SuperMarket Sweep March 2nd at Indian Mound Mall
Registration: 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Event: 12:00 p.m – 2:00 p.m.
To participate in SuperMarket Sweep you will need to fill out the entry form for your company by February 19th.
- SuperMarket Sweep 2012 (304) Entry Form
Object of the Game:
The SuperMarket Sweep committee will set up a mini “grocery store” at the Indian Mound Mall. We will give each team of two participants a list of food items. Each item will use a mini-grocery cart to collect the food items. The team that crosses the finish line first with the most items (and only those items) on the list within the 60-second time limit will be declared the winner. Upon finishing, each team will go through the “check out” for the tallying of their points. The score keeper will assess penalties for rules’ violations such As: selecting the wrong item, leaving the cart, finishing over the time limit and Dropping items on the floor. A team may earn bonus points by finishing under the 60 Second time limit. An engraved trophy, the shopper’s cup, will be awarded to the winning team, to be kept by that teams’ organization for the period of one year until next year’s supermarket sweep. A plaque will be awarded to the 2nd and 3rd place finishers.
- The entry fee for each 2 person team is $100, to be donated to the food pantry network of licking county.
- The time limit for each heat will be 1 minute. The top 10 teams after the first heat will advance to the second and final heat.
- Each team must have 2 participants (one male and one female is preferred). Both participants must remain with the grocery cart at all times, or they will be disqualified.
- A team will earn one point for each correct item collected. No points will be awarded for more than one of each item on the list.
- At the end of the 60-second time limit, the team must stop collecting items and immediately report to the check-out.
- The grocery cart cannot be carried. Violators will be disqualified.
- A 1 point penalty will be assessed for any incorrect items collected.
- A 1 point penalty will be accessed for each item dropped.
- 1 bonus point will be awarded for each second that a team finishes under the 60-second time limit. To be eligible for the bonus, all items on the grocery list much be collected.
- When the team’s name is called, they will have 30 seconds to report to the starting line. Any team not reporting within that time will be disqualified.
- Registration for SuperMarket Sweep is Saturday, March 3rd From 11:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. All teams must register during this time.